2011

2011
True colors

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sept 2013

It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon and as I listen to football in the other room, I hear silence blanketing the rest of the house. Yep, empty is the house that remains.  Jamie and Matthew came this weekend and we played 31, went to a movie and hung out together. I love those two kids.  Who knows when/if they will get married, but I'm thinking it will happen. Jamie graduates in December.  Non-Profit Management for a minor and Commercial Rec. Management for a major. Matthew is a Mechanical Engineer graduate.

We have the Schwab's 6 month old border collie living with us, which I am training.  He is a hoot. His favorite position in the kitchen is laid out with his back legs stretched out behind him and his front legs stretched out in front of him.  All he needs is a cape to be Wonder Dog.  He is slowly learning manners and is starting to want to listen to us.  I blog his life for his owners. Last night was his first in the house and he did awesome.  Jim's snoring sure peaked his interest when he walked into our bedroom.  He walked around the bed and sat by the bed looking at Jim and then put his chin on the bed sniffing Jim.  Luckily, Jim was out of range of his cold nose.

Kellie and Talon love BYU Idaho.  Jeremy, Krystal, and Carly moved to Iowa in August, and Jim and I drove out to help them move in to their new apt.  They have a nice place and Jeremy is working for Go Daddy.  The drive out was like driving on a treadmill for hours at a time.  Corn field after corn field after corn field.  Tyler, Jodi, and Tucker are doing great.  This past week was finals week for Tyler and he said it was the craziest one yet. I feel so blessed that both my daughter in laws love being stay at home moms and are such great mothers. Kudos to Tyler and Jeremy who provide for their families so they don't have to work. I wish we lived closer (or they did) so they could be a more active part of our lives but we will take what we can get.  We have been so blessed.

Last week I spent time in Utah and loved seeing Robin and Hyrum.  I love them and miss not being able to be around them more.  I'll never understand Robin's reasoning for staying in Utah.  She has a nice condo, lives in a good area and Hyrum attends a good school, so those are all pluses. Her new dog is gorgeous and Hyrum really likes him too. Hyrum and I went to a movie together and he shared his thoughts and after graduation goals.  I really hope he can do all that he wants.  I love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers