2011

2011
True colors

Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer's officially here

Finally it feels like summer in Colorado.  The weather, which has been cold and rainy, has been beautiful for the past two days- in the 80's.  I actually feel like doing something instead of reading or napping or watching movies. This spring brought back memories of our first year in Germany, few of which were pleasant. But the sun is shining and I feel like basking in it.

Another reason I know summer is here is because Kellie is gone 24/7.  She has some new friends (Lauren and Avery) with whom she is inseparable.  They are here or she is there and that counts for most nights too.  I'm happy for her, but I miss her smiling face. I hope to plan some hikes and get-aways with them.

Next week I head off to Utah to stay with Robin while Hyrum recovers from his spine surgery. It sounds every bit as awful as it is. Metal rods inserted into his back and just cringe-filled procedures. Interesting thing is that one of my favorite Seminary students is having the same surgery the same week, but here in Denver.

Congratulations to Jodi who has her last day of school today and will be off to Portland to join Tyler tomorrow. That will be a happy reunion.

2 comments:

  1. Busy Girl! I hope Hyrum heals quickly. He's lucky to have you there as a nurse and encourager (is that a word?) Should be if it's not!

    ReplyDelete

Followers