2011

2011
True colors

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Really? Really?!

My mom is laughing somewhere in heaven right now.  This week a high councilman asked me to cook at stake girl's camp this summer. Last year "trek", this year girl's camp.  FYI. I hate to cook and I hate to spend time in the kitchen. Because I've not turned down a calling, I said yes.  I  probably shouldn't have hit myself in the face with a couch pillow twice before accepting. Hundreds of names in our stake, and my name comes up. Seriously?! To soften the blow, I'm with Barrie Goetsche, whom I love. TMOTL. Yes, there is reason this is written in red.

Oh, to carry on with the red emotion. . . Jim asked me to be his H.C. companion speaker NEXT WEEK, which is Talon's farewell, and we speak in a different ward. He refuses to ask to change assignments so we can speak in our ward. I can understand his reasoning, but I don't like it. As if next weekend isn't going to be crazy enough.

This is where I give it up to the Lord, breathe deeply, and accept I'm not in control. I guess I need to be totally overwhelmed to give things to God. Not a good sign. But a slow learner at least is learning.

1 comment:

  1. one day at a time. you can do it! p.s. i would LOVE to be a cook at girls' camp. too bad i can't do it for you; i will be resting peacefully by the pool in oregon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers