2011

2011
True colors

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CASA

I had a CASA court report due today. This is when I know I am extremely anal.  It takes me hours (think 8) to write the dang thing because it takes time to call the caseworker, the drug rehab counselor, teachers, therapists etc. and collect all the data that needs to be in it. And the biggest reason of all is because I keep doing rewrites.  Ten pages later darkness has fallen and the family is in bed.  I'm glad to be done and resisting the urge to go over it one last time.

Yesterday Jamie called. From Salt Lake City airport and then from NY Kennedy airport.  She sounded off her game and finally told us she had been really sick the last two days.  I think that goes to the top of the list of things a mother doesn't want to hear her child say as they fly off to a foreign country for 1 and a half years. To trump that, she had a 12 hour lay over in Moscow, then this morning she flew into Samara, which was a whopping -18 below O today. We haven't yet heard from her on her arrival.  Hopefully the mission will send out an email to let us know she arrived there safely.

Jeremy and I cleaned out the storage room.  He says he didn't really help, but without him, it was too daunting to start. Now only food items live there and it is organized.  Jeremy wants to tackle the crawl space next and I'm cringing at the thought, even though it needs done. Someone will be very lucky to nab him. This is where my children will all say, "You love Jeremy best. He's your favorite." I respond by saying, "He found my chairs." If you don't know what that means, you need to watch the movie Phenomenon.

After a week of avoidance, I started scrap booking Jamie's MTC time.  Kellie met me with an "I don't even have a baby book and she gets a mission scrap book?!" She informed me all she wants for her birthday is a baby book.  I may have to suck it up for her. Crafts seem like a waste of time to me, but I always enjoy them once I get started. Scrap booking is a nightmare bc of 20 years of avoidance. The photo boxes wer all organized 6 years ago and I did put our Europe pictures in binders, but 20 YEARS to scrapbook!!!!  Anyone want to come help me for a week? or two? I'm willing to pay big bucks.

2 comments:

  1. i believe its bought her chairs not found. thats besides the point though. i hear youre paying 15 bucks an hour. what happened? i remember the days when you were offering 25 cents per job

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't have time to read this one in its entirety, but I'd like to say that I love tyler's comment. haha

    ReplyDelete

Followers