2011

2011
True colors

Monday, January 27, 2014

March and April 2011

Spring break was a blast with a trip to California to see Gma Shirley.  Kellie brought along her friend, Elise, whom, I love, and she and Kellie did Disneyland together and spent a lot of time at the beach. We also went to Medieval Times where Kellie received a rose from our Knight and Elise received a pendant for being the quenn of love and beauty from our Knight.  They flirted up a storm and had a blast.  I would definitely recommend paying the $10 extra dollars to sit up close and personal. Riding bikes on the beach with Tammy Rafsten was peaceful and fun for me.  Meeting Tanner Rafsten, Tammy's 18 year old son, was mucho fun for the girls too. Even on the night when he hit a pole with his car, things still turned out swimmingly.

Hyrum came to Colorado for his Spring Break and we did a museum and got him a haircut. His bangs, which he wears forward, came to his top lip- think cousin It.  After the cut, the bangs are to the bottom of his eyes.  My 20/20 hindsight tells me I should have insisted on a real haircut as I don't know when Robin will be able to get him to the salon again.  It was great having here.  On Friday, Jeremy and I drove back to Utah and spent the weekend there for conference. Jeremy stayed with friends. I stayed with Robin the first night. I had the lovely opportunity of supervising a 14 year old resistive teenager in the proper cleaning of his bathroom. For those of you who haven't had the experience of this, it is a joy beyond measure. Robin sure has her hands full. Tyler and Jodi hosted me the  second night and it was great fun spending time with them. We all went up to Duffin's for breakfast and conference and ended the evening with a wonderful dinner at Dan's parents' home. 

I've been working and teaching seminary- alot. Jim asked if I would rather have just taught my own class, and the answer is a resounding YES. I've been teaching 2-4 days a week most weeks after not teaching at all the first 2 months.  In the schools, I work mostly in middle schools with High School splattered in here and there.

Last week I was called to be the stake coordinator for Seminary in our stake.  Gwen Woodhouse has been doing it for the past 4 years and I'm nervous and excited for this calling.

Talon comes home from college tonight.  He flew into LAX last night and gma Shirley picked him up.  He wanted to spend a day with her and tonight he arrives here. I'm so excited.  Tomorrow we will be off to get him mission ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers